Header

Header

Tuesday, May 19, 2015

Clicker Ring

A while ago I heard about this guy who was raising money to manufacture a Clicker Ring. If you know what a clicker is, then imagine it on your finger.And smaller.

I don't use the clicker with Charlotte nearly as often as I did in the beginning, (which is kind of the point) but every once in a while I'll pull it out to teach her a new trick. I never fail to get a kick out of how quick and easy it is to teach with a clicker. Thanks to a boring snowy evening this last winter, she can now open a closed door if there is a pull attached to it and it's not latched. Cracks me up every time to see her come and go at her own leisure. Although it's usually to pursue one of the cats who have known how to open closed doors for years. They taught themselves that! Point is, be careful what you teach!

Anyway, if you've used a clicker, you know that it's a little awkward to handle, especially at first. You have to develop a style that fits you to click and treat effectively. That's my only complaint with the system. So when I saw Josh's idea of a ring I was like "I am ON BOARD with that idea!" I've been following along ever since on his journey to create a new product. Below is a video describing the process he's followed on this journey. It's interesting to learn about all the behind the scenes stuff that goes into a new product/idea.  It is not an easy thing! But it sounds like he is nearing the end of this chapter and is about ready to send his "baby" to market and is taking pre-orders at this time. I've already ordered mine. If you want to learn more about this awesome product go to his website ClickerPlus and check it out.


No comments:

Post a Comment