Header

Header

Friday, August 7, 2015

Jumping the Gun

It's amazing how often I jump the gun, put the cart ahead of the horse, put my foot in my mouth and in general look like a schmuck. I tried to find a home for Zynko without ever talking to his owner first.

Doh!

His friend Bobby had said they might be looking for a home for Zynko the first time we spoke. The second time he inquired about the Humane Society. I know that his owner is fighting cancer. I also know from another neighbor that Zynko once threatened Al when he tripped and fell. I just assumed that this was a dog in need of a new home. (And in my opinion, he still is. Living in the backyard full time with hardly any company is no life for a dog - particularly one that come from a pack background like a Siberian Husky. However, it is NOT my dog. I have to get his owner to agree to letting him go since he's not abusing him or starving him or chaining him up. Rather, he's just kind of ignoring him, and that's not a crime.) So I posted him to the Rescueme.org website and I got two inquiries. One in New York, one in Illinois. So I finally stopped to speak to Al this morning. I asked if it was in fact true that he might be looking for a new home for Zynko? He said that at the time Bobby had told me that, he was really sick and that was his sister's speaking, not him. He just wants to get through chemo at this time. He's not looking to get rid of his dog.

Oops. Thanks, I'll be taking that Dunce hat over here.

So, now, I have to rescind everything I've put out on the web. I am not looking for a new home for Zynko. You better believe however, that once all beats cancer I'm going to start working on him to take more of an interest in his dog. Walking is good exercise and the dog walks pretty well on the leash. You just have to be strong enough to hold onto it!


2 comments:

  1. Don't beat yourself up. You were only folloeing your heart. Zynko is lucky to have you as a friend and also Al for having a neighbor who cares so much aboit his dog.

    ReplyDelete