Header

Header

Tuesday, October 6, 2015

Business Update

After a fairly uneventful summer in the dog treat business, I joined a friend at a craft fair this last weekend.

This is what my booth looked like. 
I have to admit that I decided not to take A TON of product with me. I tried doing a table at a garage sale at my aunt's church this last spring and ended up bringing home all my product. I didn't have to bake treats for anyone for a month strait! So this time, I only brought 15 bags of Wimba Treats. I also along Wimba-Cat! Catnip Toys. They are heart-shaped "mice" that I sew by hand and package in groups of three. Additionally I decided to try my hand at Carob coating on cat-shaped Wimba Treats. Unlike the original, I cannot claim that these are Charlotte Approved. She gave me the weirdest look the first time she tasted it and the second time she kept picking up the treat and dropping it like it was a sticky and somewhat undesirable toy. I quickly threw it away before I ended up with Carob all over my house. But I took them with and offered them individually for $1.00 each. Last, I had pumpkin shaped Wimba Treats that I was offering for $0.50 each.

Well, I am pleased as punch to announce that I sold out of the bagged treats! I also sold 5 packs of the cat toys and about 5 Black Carob Cats. I have declared it a bloomin' success! I'm actually considering doing another craft fair!

The only downside is that I didn't have any left over treats for Charlotte (except the pumpkin shapes) and I'm about out! Looks like I better get a-bakin'!



No comments:

Post a Comment