Header

Header

Friday, March 13, 2015

How I Became a Dog Mom

Just over a year ago I adopted a dog. Well, she was a puppy then. But she's a 58 pound puppy now. We named her Charlotte Bronte because we name all our animals after authors.

The cats were/are Samuel L. Clemens,



and Agatha Christie.


Except for Eddie. He was named after my favorite newscaster/anchor, Edward R. Murrow. I was in Journalism for all four years in high school.



Sammy passed last January. That's how we ended up with Charlotte. This is what she looked like when we brought her home.


This is what she looks like now.



The loss of a pet leaves a hole that needs to be filled. Especially if you don't have children. And I wanted a pet I could take places. I know people take their cats places, but mine throw a holy bitch fit if I stick them in the car even to go the vet. Going for a walk with one is like dragging a 10lb. sack of flour around on a leash.

When I was convincing my husband we should adopt her, I said I needed something to nurture. I got that and then some. That's how I became a dog mom.

No comments:

Post a Comment