Header

Header

Monday, August 22, 2016

Tiny Terrorists

Warning: I use poop related words in this article.

Well, I went and did what my husband told me not to do. And I did it with his permission. We have more than one foster dog. In fact, we have 3. In addition to Gayla, the two newest arrivals are 7 week old puppies. We took them because it was an emergency situation. The foster who was going to take them had a current puppy she's taking care of come down with Parvo. Parvo is highly contagious and very deadly. Since the group was shorthanded (ie everyone already had puppies) we stepped in to help. These two are part of a litter that had 8. The group has been broken up between 4 different homes. Besides the Parvo concern, these poor babies have ringworm which they're on medication for. But this means they have to be quarantined from the other dogs. The reason I'm calling them tiny terrorists is because they don't like being separated from the action. So they cry. Correction, they scream. Like someone is hacking body parts off of them. And the only way to break that behavior is to ignore it. Sweet Jesus in heaven give me patience.

They are doing decent (kind of) with keeping their potty in one area of the pen. But every time I put a new pee pad in the pen they commence playing on it. This concerns me that when I'm not around they may be rolling on spots they already pee'd on. Not very sanitary.

I brought them home Saturday afternoon. I have no idea what they were eating before so I put them on the puppy food I have. By yesterday their poop was becoming less solid. This is to be expected. It's runnier today. I know this isn't unusual but I have to keep track of when I got them and their progress to make sure that this is change of food diarrhea and not Parvo diarrhea.

Just a couple minutes ago Ms. Eliza made a break for it and came wondering into the kitchen. I put her back and plugged her excape route. Now she is sitting in the middle of the pen screaming in agony and pain. At least that is what it sounds like. In reality, I'm guessing it's just her pissed off yell.

They are part malamute. It shows in their voices. One of the other fosters who got the two I was hoping to get seems to be in complete love with her little guys. Then again, hers don't have to be quarantined either. I imagine that would have made a big difference. That is all for now. Here is a picture of my terrorists.



If you look closely you can see the evil in their eyes.


No comments:

Post a Comment